Public Hearings - 2018 Review
We held 5 Public Hearings around Scotland during the consultation period on our Initial Proposals. Our public hearings were held in:
- 10am, 24 November 2016 - Royal Concert Hall, 220 Buchanan Street, Glasgow G2 3NY - Glasgow Transcript
- 10am, 29 November 2016 - The City Chambers, 14 City Square, Dundee DD1 3BY - Dundee Transcript
- 10am, 1 December 2016 - Ayr Town Hall, New Bridge Street, Ayr KA7 1JX - Ayr Transcript
- 11am, 5 December 2016 - The Town House, High Street, Inverness IV1 1JJ - Inverness Transcript
- 10am, 7 December 2016 - Apex Hotel, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3BH - Edinburgh Transcript
The purpose of these hearings is to explain our proposals and to give an opportunity for others to make representations on those proposals.
The hearings are chaired by a Sheriff Principal. He or she determined the procedure to be followed at the hearing. At each hearing, the Sheriff Principal asked us to explain our proposals for the area and how representations can be made concerning them. The chair allowed representations to be made by any person or organisation that they consider has an interest in our proposals for the area. The chair may set time limits for any individual speaker, to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to make their representation.
If, as part of your representation, you have prepared a written submission or map, please provide copies to the chair of the hearing and our staff. You may also want to provide copies to others to give them an opportunity to study and comment on counter-proposals. The chair may adjourn the hearing for a short period in order to allow time for consideration to be given to a complex representation.
After each speaker, and if time permits, the chair may invite questions to be put to that speaker and may ask questions of his or her own. If you speak at a Public Hearing, you will be asked to give your name, and identify any group which you may be speaking on behalf of.
We will arrange for a record of the proceedings of the Public Hearings to be made, and we will publish that record on our website. Public Hearing Transcripts: Glasgow | Dundee | Ayr | Inverness | Edinburgh.